Sunday, September 15, 2013

Butter Chicken Lasagne


                       
As we approach Fall I want to share a recipe that I will soon be making. This is the yummiest pasta EVER!! It is an Indian infusion to an Italian classic. Bold, colorful and TASTY!

This dish is equally as tasty as it is colorful both during and after putting together! The winning recipe in the Nationally syndicated Recipes to Riches, a President's Choice supported show.

I first had this as a retail purchase after the episode aired. A couple of clicks on the computer and I was at Rick Matharu, the original creator's recipe.

I was able to find all the spices at my local grocer with the exception of the fenugreek. I made mine without. If I could give you one tip...buy the spices in the Indian section. Large bags are so much more economical than the tiny jars! You WILL want to make this again, and again.

Chicken headed to the fridge to marinate.

Starting the veggies for the sauce.
Sauce in progress.


Spices in bulk. The only economical way to purchase. Find these in the ethnic aisle.

Chicken after baking and shredding. Look at the beautiful color!

Sauce completed.

Final baked product.
I made a double batch of this and froze one. Next time I think I will make a quadruple batch. Perfect for cold winter nights, the spices warm you from within. If you make this please come back and leave a comment about how you liked it!

                              













Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment