Sunday, September 8, 2013

Getting Ready!

In 24 hours my journey to Las Vegas begins. I am so excited to be headed off to Riley Blake's Fabric Fest.

Why? So very many reasons why!

For the past few years I have been saying  that when Ben went to kindergarten I would take a hard look at and evaluate BB Butts Diapers. I knew that was when I would (finally) have  hours in my day to dedicate to pushing a business forward. I have held back from expansion a couple of times to be the mom I wanted to be for his preschool years.

Several months back I came across a Facebook post regarding Fabric Fest. I scanned it quickly and commented to my hubby sitting next to me about how cool would it be to go to Vegas for an event like that?  This is where I get to brag about what a lucky lady I am.... He turned to me and said... GO! I was to tell him when he needed to take time off to care for the kids. My retort... No way! Don't be silly! I could never. We are talking International travel.....

I could not help to look at the class list...drafting, embellishing, a quilt top caught my eye, social media ...

Before I knew it, I had a schedule planned and figured out how much it would be to fly from my remote Northern community...I was getting sucked in.

Then I realized it also fit into my overall timeline goals and into the developement plans for Nechako Notionary AND Ben starting school!! Did you know I have had little people at home (preschoolers with a few years of homeschooling the eldest) for TWENTY years!?!

 When hubby asked when he needed to book off the next day I knew this was a gift I could not, would not pass up.

I am not 100% sure what I will get out of this trip. I do know my eyes and ears will be wide open soaking it all in and that I will have much to come home with to further my business goals. 

I also feel like it will recharge me. It is the beginning of a new me.. The grown up, pushing 50 me. The me who gets to tune out the cartoons that makes a mom looney and focus on what will make me tick like a fine Swiss watch.

This is a new era of my life. I can not think of a better way to celebrate the last era or to begin the discovery of next.

Viva Las Vegas... Be ready for me!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment