Monday, September 9, 2013

Travel Day


Today began at 340 am. I had hoped that the kids would stay asleep and we would whisk their sleeping little cherub selves to their carseats when we were loaded up. Instead, they were on my bed before my eyes were fully open asking if they could get in the van yet.

So begins the day. The 1 1/2 hour drive to Prince George was uneventful save for the children whining "I am so tired, I am hungry, can we turn around and go home yet?" 

I took off on the first flight literally as the sun rose. <insert photo here>. Some photos will have to wait until I get back home (camera) while some can post during the trip. The flight was great, the sun shining on glacial capped mountains until we came around over the Georgia Straight and entered the fog that hung around Vancouver.

So far things have gone swimmingly smooth. A row of seats to myself. Zero lineups and only slowed enough to kick off my flip flops at immigration. Breakfast in Vancouver and now my flight to Vegas is about to board.....all by 930 am.

The second flight was equally good. An empty seat beside me, a set of eat buds and a marathon of Sheldon and his Bazinga's. Yes I am THAT tired right now the name of the show is right there but so far away at the same time!

I was picked up from the airport from an online friend Julie of Jewel of the Lion fudge goddess fame! We had lunch and a cocktail prior to her getting me to the hotel. It is so nice to finally give someone who is a part of so much I have done a hug and connect.

After getting settled in my room with a pool view, was check in and registration. To take one from George Takei.... Ohhh Myyyyy. 



All if this was SWAG!!  There are scissors, buttons, embellishments, clover clips, tape measure, thread, scrapbook paper stack, a tote, make and take kits and more!!!

At 7 was the reception. I am going to Save that for it's own post. Ohhhh Myyyyy ;)

With that, it is 2015 now. It has been a long day and I  am going to snuggle in a king sized bed all alone tonight.

Nighty night!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment