Thursday, November 21, 2013

Craft Fair Season

My poor, poor blog. It is so neglected. By now I am sure you have all realized along with myself, that I am not the blogger extraordinaire! I am the first to admit, I get focused on one task and other things fall to the wayside.

So what is it that I have been focused on? Craft fair season!

Yes, it has arrived, and is nearly over almost at the same time. The most intense month or so of the year for a small crafty/manufacturing business.

We have one more event to attend, the WL McLeod Craft Fair on Nov 30. Doors open at 930 to the public. I really enjoy this event as it is at my children's school. It is "the event" in my town and it is so close to home! Hubby can easily give me a hand for a few minutes to do the heavy lifting of set up and tear down. Most of all, I  get to connect with people of our community.

Being a small manufacturer, I spend countless hours down in my studio at the machines and cutting tables rather than socializing and going for coffee. For the most part, I am ok with that. I am an introvert at heart I think, but then again after I have done an event, I find I have really enjoyed all the contact with the customers.

Good laughs, catching up on current events both personal and community, seeing the children that have been wearing our products over the past 5 years grow, getting to see customers for what seems like "the yearly visit" and seeing and hearing appreciation for the items that we make. At the end of the day, that is exactly why I do this.

Today I am finishing off custom items that were ordered at our last event last weekend for delivery tomorrow back in Prince George. Let me finish off this morning by showing you just a few of our items that are available currently and will be at WL Mc Leod on the 30th...










Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment