Monday, December 9, 2013

Winding Down the Year

It is hard to believe that it is December already! Every year seems to go by quicker and quicker.

Here in Northern BC we are well into winter. While it has been quite pleasant in our terms, things are about to change and the snow is going to really add up in the next week. I am ready though. We have had snow since the beginning of November, but not much of it. Soon the kids will be able to cross the road and toboggan down their personal snow hill that the snow removal guys make. It gets HUGE!

Temps in the minus 30s mean the fireplaces are going and somehow a mood gets set as soon as they are. A feeling of warmth not just from the fire, but of comfort and well being as well. These are perfect days to have a pot of coffee going and a leisurely project on the go. Bliss is the fire going, the dog laying in front of it, kids sipping a cup of hot chocolate, the Christmas lights on and watching the snow fall and take on the colors of the lights in the dark as the ground sparkles with billions of diamonds shimmering. Yes, I do enjoy many aspects of winter and look forward to the coming weeks.


After a busy season I welcome a bit of a lull to focus on family. Still there is much sewing...just for the family! Pajama Day is later this week so the kids will be getting new jammies ASAP!. I found a darling pattern that I want to sew up and surprise Izzy with and also do one of the reversible hoodies from Fishsticks Designs for her as well. Ben needs some pants to go with his cool hoodie that I made during the testing phase of the pattern. The whole family should have new jammies for Xmas Eve as well.


This year is coming to a close. But so much newness is on the horizon. New hope, new goals, new directions.

I have been tearing the studio apart the past few days. Several things need different organization. I need to build something to house all of my thread and need to deep clean behind shelves etc and make some decisions about what I am going to use various fabric types for and figure out a new layout for them as well. Some I need to make a difficult decision about and get rid of. I am already planning some packages for Boxing Day! Really...who needs 5 TOTES of scraps?? Yes, there will be a Boxing Day sale.

I am setting up a newsletter list to communicate better with customers. Facebook is finally admitting that fewer and fewer are seeing posts and are stating it is only going to get worse. I want to build a reliable tool to communicate specials, giveaways, sales and happenings to my customers. This seems the best option given the current climate. You can sign up by sending an email to newsletter@nechakonotionary.com . Please put Nechako Notionary in the subject line. If you would also like to get info on BB Butts Diapers our parent label, please put "both" in the subject line. You will only get one email which will then include information on both labels. Newsletters will never be more than once a week, and only during certain events. More often, you will receive one email a month containing our newsletter.

This month is about soothing the soul, setting up for the next year and getting things in place to make new goals and strive to achieve those goals.

I thank you all for being along for the ride as we built over the past few months. I look forward to a year of real growth. I wish you all the best of the season and hope you all build one special memory with your family in the coming weeks.

From my family to yours....

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment