Monday, August 12, 2013

Time slips away

I'm not sure how the last two weeks have gotten away from me and where exactly that they went!

Actually, when I think about it I do! My hubby had another week of holidays and this time come hell or high water we wanted to get our fence completed after many delays. From weather (rain and extreme heat) to puking kids (and hospitalization of one) and then our son's severe burns there was delay after delay in this project that we were wanting to have completed back in early July.  I am happy to report finally we have a fence.  There's little bits to complete still...the gate, ripping boards to fill in the gaps that didn't quite make full board width and we still have the yard to resurface but we are getting there. We did 40 of these sections...board by board, by board.I'm proud of my husband and I'm proud of our ability to work together even if there is the occasional spat through the process, at the end of it all we can look at each other with our arms around one another and look at what we've completed and say "hey we did this!" We are stronger as a team than we are as individuals that is for certain!

I sit here and long for some sewing after such a busy couple of weeks outdoors. I did complete the set for my niece and I forgot that I had not shown a picture so here it is.

It's a perfect gift for new mom, even one who does not cloth diaper.

I was also able to use another new pattern and sew up Izzy another new dress. I am trying various patterns with my own kids prior to offering them in the shop. This is another from {SIG}.


In the meantime, last Friday, I got to make a trip into the city all alone. I actually had time to peruse a fabric store without a child!! I was able to shop to my hearts content. At first I didn't think I was going to come out with much more than a few notions needed for Fabric Fest down in Vegas but I did end up tripping on a fabulous selection of fabrics. Better yet they were 70% off !!! With these I intend hopefully in the next couple of weeks to get a few outfits made for me. They are rayon blends for the most part and they should travel well and pack easily. I'm hoping to make couple of skirts, couple of tops and a jacket of sorts, shawl my guess is more like it, and have a couple of fashionable and coordinated  outfits that are lightweight at the end of all this.

I will get some photos tonight and start in on this since we have storms rolling through this evening. It will be grand to be back in the studio after being out of it for a week or so!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment